In honour of today being International Women’s Day, I decided to post some tips for solo female travel that have helped me personally in both planning and travelling the world…
- Plan and research as much as you can in advance
- Assure your loved ones before leaving for your trip; give them all the information about your trip and how you plan on keeping safe
- Face your fears, accept them, and challenge them
- Pack only the essentials, don’t overpack – make a checklist
- Choose areas or regions that report low crime rates
- Don’t forget to pack for the plane! Stay hydrated, bring a book, headphones, etc
- Eat healthy – keep a balanced diet to avoid getting sick
- Be safe – use basic street smarts, keep your valuables on you at all times,
For the full list of tips, visit The Blonde Abroad’s post, where she presents a full guide to travelling alone as a female.
Do you think there is anything else female travellers should keep in mind when travelling alone?