For part 2 of the Cravings series (click here for part 1), I’ve decided to try Chrissy Teigen’s recipe for potato and broccoli cakes. I try to incorporate some vegetables into around 90% of my meals, but everyone knows that the best veggies are the ones you can’t taste. SO, keeping that in mind, I decided to give these a go.
*Disclaimer: As stated before, I do not own this recipe. I am merely sharing my version of it – this is only inspired by Chrissy’s recipe. I typically change a couple of things from any recipe I use, so that is what I will be sharing. I won’t post the actual recipe from her book because I don’t own it.
- 3 cups of broccoli florets (save the stalks for stir fries, soup, veg stock, or as a snack for dipping!)
- 1 1/2 lb russet potatoes
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- breadcrumbs (I used panko)
- olive oil
- Place broccoli in microwave safe dish, and put them in microwave until bright green (about 3 mins)
- Pierce potatoes, wrap them in damp paper towel, and place them in microwave until soft (around 15 mins)
- Mix all ingredients (minus breadcrumbs) in a bowl.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs on a flat surface.
- Form small patties with your hands, and coat each patty with breadcrumbs.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat some olive oil and once it is hot, place patties down for frying.
- Fry them for 3-4 mins per side, until brown, and repeat process.
- Serve with sour cream, chives, and/or parmesan on top. Enjoy!