The other day we had some brown bananas at home, and I decided to make a banana bread! I normally use Laura Vitale’s recipe for banana bread, but this time I changed it up. I know I always talk about her (she does have some killer recipes!), but this time around I decided to try Chrissy Teigen’s recipe which she posted to her Instagram account a while back. Read below and enjoy!
The recipe, which is not just for a banana bread but a banana bundt bread, is below. It has the key flavors “banana, vanilla pudding, dark chocolate, and coconut,”
- 2 cups mashed BROWN bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil (plus a little more to grease the pan)
- 2 cups flour (plus a little more to flour the pan)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 box of vanilla instant pudding (box is 3.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3.502 bar of dark chocolate or a 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (can add more if you love dark chocolate)
These are the instructions, in Chrissy’s own words:
- Combine mashed bananas, eggs, and oil in a large bowl. In a different large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl and combine.
- Fold in coconut and chocolate chunks. Pour into greased and floured bundt pan (this can also make two loaves but it’s so much better/moist to me in the bundt pan!)
- Serve warmed up slices with sweet salty butter chunk (Irish butter my fave!)
- Bake at 325, 1 hour. (test with a skewer or toothpick around 50 min. Let cool slightly, flip onto another plate! (use a butter knife to gently release from pan before flipping. Don’t forget inner circle!)
I found a Youtube video of a girl making this recipe in case anyone prefers a visual representation!
Let me know what you think if you try it! I used milk chocolate chips instead of dark and it came out amazing!